hit counter
free web hit counter

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to dear friend Dale Leftwich, who is undoubtedly having a joyous time since he and his wife Ailsa are newly parents to a daughter, Aleta Grace.

A link of interest: see blog done by a Baha'i named George Wesley.

We are now looking forward to a visit from my sister Andrea and her husband Steve, son Mitchell, and granddaughter Mary Jane, who are coming to spend some time with the Doran side of the family, who live nearby, but who will also spend some time with us. I do not envy them the drive, but am glad we will see them all. My prayers continue to be with Bob and Joan Doran, Steve's parents, daily, and I have added a new name to my prayer list, Edwina Power.

Edwina Ozon Power lives in Stittsville, not far from Ottawa. I saw photo in The Ottawa Citizen the other day so we reconnected. She and I were roommates in St. Pierre in 1074-75; she doesn't look much different, although in the photo she had no hair as she is fighting cancer. We had a good chat on the phone yesterday. I also had a note from Don Todd, a family friend who has spent his life in Africa, along with a photo which shows him unchanged, as you can see from the pictue he sent along and which I have copied here.

Today I am very grateful for air conditioning. However, when I am beginning to talk about the weather, it's time to say adieu. To all the Baha'is around the world: have a great feast.