hit counter
free web hit counter

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's a good morning for writing...I have just confirmed with the publishers of my first book, Partners in Spirit: What Couples Say About Marriages That Work, that I will be one of the speakers in San Diego for the Book Fair: Barnes and Noble, Thursday May 17...and again at the San Diego Baha'i Center on Saturday May 19 and attending a Sunday morning devotional at that same Baha'i Center on the 20th. I am very happy to be doing this.

I also heard this week that my second book, A Warm Place in My Heart: Young Voices on Faith, will be published this fall by George Ronald (U.K.) So May will be busy with editing, before I go to San Diego, in between teaching another week at the Mini-University at Carleton.

I have also received some wonderful contributions to the two books I am working on. The first is one in which educators speak about the connection between their professions and the spirit, and it's almost finished in first draft, but as every entry arrives I am truly moved by how amazing, and different, each story is. The second book I am working on is kind of a companion volume to the youth book, called The Bright Glass of the Heart: Elder Voices on Faith. Yesterday I received a phone call from a woman in Pennsylvania: she became a Baha'i in 1947 and is now in her mid-80's, and wanted to know if I was interested in a contribution for my book. You bet! I also received, this morning, a contribution from a friend in Africa, whose story is fascinating and touching, and is now a part of the ever-growing manuscript. I am so deeply blessed to be receiving these different narratives and collecting them.

Perhaps, today, if I am lucky, I will even be visited by a poem!