hit counter
free web hit counter

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring break: a euphemism in the Ottawa Valley, where I am spending mine on leave from my BC teaching job.  The snow in front and in back of our house is taller than all of us, and my six foot plus son has to throw new snow high on the accumulated snow banks when he shovels out the driveway. Roads are like tunnels and for me, unwalkable, so I have been on the exercise bike again, watching "The History of God", a film adapted from Karen Armstrong's book, and a series, "Rome", which has way too much graphic sex for my taste but also some funny cameos amidst the putative history.

I continue to enjoy my daughter's blog, where she posts a variety of opinions and observations, and also to find Victor's blog on social issues quite dependable.  It's always fun to tune it to Baha'i Views and to Dan Jones' blog...and several others I have listed in the sidebar.  I don't have as much time as I used to, so my blog-checking slows down, and there are so many good blogs to choose from...I do start wondering a lot about copyright and ownership and publication...

Lately I have been doing a lot of research into New Age films and books.  I have just finished both Deepak Chopra's How To Know God and Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. Both are so aligned with my understandings as a Baha'i that I can heartily recommend them.  The universe, such as it is, lines up to affirm Baha'u'llah's revelation in so many dimensions...if you are a reader who is attuned to the spirit, to the universe, to the power of positive thinking, to the letting go of ego, and to humanitarian service as the goal of your creation, these books and the Baha'i teachings will dovetail as a means by which your thoughts can indeed become your reality.