hit counter
free web hit counter

Sunday, December 31, 2006

My sister, Coral, sent a wonderful story to several members of the family. She superimposed it over a picture of her daughter, Sarah. I can't figure out how to upload it, so will share the text and the picture separately:

What Sarah Knows

One day Ovidio and Celeste were sitting on the couch talking about money, finances and budgeting. Sarah was sitting close by. Ovidio turned to her and said teasingly: “And you don’t know anything but Daddy get me beans, Daddy get me rice, Daddy get me food. You don’t know anything at all.”

Sarah looked up and whispered softly: “I know about love.”

Ovidio asked her: “What do you know about love?”

“I’m not going to tell you,” she teased but followed with “Love is kissing and hugging.”
Then after a short pause she said: “Love is built on generosity.”

Celeste asked her then: “What is generosity?”
“Generosity is inviting you to my picnic and sharing and playing.”

When I got home from work there was a picnic blanket on the living room floor and lots of love in my house.