hit counter
free web hit counter

Saturday, January 27, 2007



It was a cold and starry night...so my picture is a little fuzzy...but this is the sign on McArthur Road, just east of the Vanier Parkway, which was the venue for a Coffeehouse/Arts night last night at which good times were had by a middle-sized crowd. Music included presentations by Fanfan Séléger and his friends (drummer/singers) and a couple (Damien and Lysanne, whose names I hope I spelled right) singing a number of songs, including a wonderful tribute to Mona Mahmunizad, the young woman martyred in Iran when she was only 16, in the '80s, for her belief. In addition, my cousin Jack and I were both asked to read poems, and I read three about my dad and one about my friend Carlos in Belize.

I will try and post a couple of little videos of the event, but for now, let me share a picture or two. Here is Wendy James with her dancing partner!

We were also pleased to see our family's friend, someone I have known, literally all my life (I would have been about 4 when we met), Ann Wilson. I called Mom and Dad after the event to share greetings, and will share a photo of my sister Andrea with Ann, although it's not a great one since they are chatting, in profile, so you hardly get to see their smiles. However, it was great fun...