hit counter
free web hit counter

Friday, May 25, 2007

This is a photograph I took at the Quail Botanical Gardens north of San Diego. It's one of my favourites. Today I have spent a great deal of time in the garden, and then went for my swim, with the result that I can feel every muscle as I sit and type. I have also made a soup with red cabbage, green cabbage, onion, garlic, kohlrabi, carrots, potatoes, basil, cilantro, kidney beans, celery and diced tomatoes...this keeps me going for a while so I make a big batch of it. C'mon over! I did take time while I was sitting, slicing and dicing to photograph the inside of the red cabbage, as well as a bouquet of lilacs Bernie got for me yesterday when we went for a drive by the Gatineau River. There was an elderly man sitting at his house, surrounded by bushes and bushes of lilacs, so Bern went and asked for some and got me white, deep purple, and mauve. This was a particular kindness since he really doesn't like the smell of them. But the season for them is short and they are now gracing the dining room table, along with more gladiola bulbs I still have to plant. Soup's on, flowers are in, and a thunderstorm approaches which will hopefully water the vegetable garden.

There are so many images of gardens in the Baha'i writings...it feels like my spirit is filling up when I am out there digging and planting and praying, healing prayers mostly for so many family and friends in need of the scattering angels of mercy to pay them a visit.