hit counter
free web hit counter

Thursday, August 09, 2007

To finish up today's postings, I have added two new links. One is to the Canadian Baha'i News publication, which is now online and the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Canada have invited Baha'i bloggers to link it. I am happy to do so.

The other link is to my cousin's blog. Jack McLean is my first cousin on my mother's side. He is a former teacher, a prolific author, and a fine writer and poet. Take some time to read his work, if you are interested in Baha'i theology and any number of other subjects...you'll be glad you did. He has another page, which for some reason I can't get to a permanent link, in which he has made available a lot of his scholarship, both previously published and some unpublished, and which makes for deep reading. Access it at http://mclean.titles.googlepages.com/home.

Accompanying this announcement is a glimpse of the Land Gate of the city of Akka, an historic portal which surrounds the ancient walls at the point of meeting the Mediterranean Sea. Jack and I both felt an affinity with Akka, somehow...both of us, despite being wordsmiths, have struggled to express the connection we felt with the Revelation, in this ancient city, but it is a site of transformative power, tremendous symbolism, and the heat of the sacred words of the past. I counted the waves at Akka, according to the Muslim hadith, or tradition...and still am praying, Insh'allah, for His mercy.