hit counter
free web hit counter

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My time in British Columbia is drawing to a close. We have two weeks and two days of school left; the students are finished on Friday. Then it's time for Administration: report cards, planning, year-end discussions. Bernie was here for a few days last weekend and we had a delightful time, exploring this area a bit more and also travelling to Lumby to see a couple of friends there. We also hosted a dinner and a small dessert party for local friends, so it was a busy time, and Bern got many of my books packed and sent home by bus. All in all, despite the unseasonable cool and way too much rain, life goes kindly day by day.

Soon I will journey, by car, from here to home in Gatineau. I plan to stop with my sister Andrea in Saskatoon, coinciding with a visit to her from our parents, and will also visit with various Saskatchewan friends. Then Bernie will join us in S'toon for a short visit before he and I head east together. Thankfully, then, I don't have to do the whole drive by myself. I shall return to a July garden in full bloom, to editing a couple of my books (another has been recommended for publication by its editors, so pending approval there'll be work to do on that) and spending some time with my children, before two of them head to new cities, one to university in the West and one to work in the Maritimes.

I'll post some pictures soon.