hit counter
free web hit counter

Friday, August 17, 2007

From time to time, a book comes your way that makes everything different. Today is a day like that for me. I had heard of Three Cups of Tea, and I ordered it, and read it. It's hard to read without weeping but if I did nothing else with my day, it would make it worthwhile to mention this book to you. You must read it. It's worth every minute and every word, for hopefulness, for inspiration, for celebration of what one person can do with a life, for gladness that such a difference can be made, in unity, with a spot on the earth. Baha'u'llah tells us that if a choice is to be made between educating a boy or a girl, we should prefer girls, and Three Cups of Tea, a book telling the story of schools for girls being built in Pakistan and Afghanistan, tells us why. Read it, weep, and wonder, and give generously from your hearts.