hit counter
free web hit counter

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Our friends, the Epps, pictured here, and a visit with celebrities...

Today I want to give 'props' to two movie stars, believe it or not. I have just been on the phone with my daughter, who is travelling out west and visiting. One visit they enjoyed was in Vancouver with our friends, Gord and Cheryl Epp. Gord and Cheryl's son, Angus, is 18, and has Muscular Dystrophy from birth. It was Gord and Cheryl who introduced my husband Bernie to the Baha'i Faith in 1983, and Bernie and I met thereafter and were married in 1984. So our families are close, and Melodie was able to spend a night with the Epps and catch up with their news.

Apparently, Angus toured her around some of his mementoes. The Epp family are participants in the program at Canuck House in Vancouver, which is a place of respite for people who are suffering from a variety of health challenges. I am told that Angus has pictures of himself with celebrities, many of whom visit Canuck House and support it financially. Among these are two actors whom I am already predisposed to like because of the excellence of their craft. Now I think they are even more wonderful: to take time from undoubtedly busy schedules in support of the Canuck House seems truly an act of really caring for other human beings.

Thus, I wanted to give a shout of honour to Robin Williams and to Hugh Jackman, whose pictures with Angus adorn Angus' room. They appear to be true gentlemen. My daughter said that Angus is very proud of his pics with the stars.