hit counter
free web hit counter

Monday, June 11, 2007


Here you see some happy faces: our friend, Harsh, arrived on the weekend to visit our neighbour and his fiancée, Nysa, and we all spent some lovely times. Our dear friend Juliette also travelled from Montreal with her son Pele so I got to hold this precious baby...such an expressive little fellow, very happy natured. All of these connections are from my days as an instructor at Maxwell School, back in the day...when Harsh and Juliette were both students and friends. They have kept in touch with us these many years; Harsh and my husband Bernie are particularly close friends, and we were all just delighted to have a reunion, especially with the joy of seeing Harsh and Nysa together and with Juliette and Nabil, her husband, also a Maxwell alumnus, sharing their lovely son with us! I have known Pele's grandparents since our Saskatoon days. It all makes me feel my age a little, but in a good way. Harsh and Nysa did a presentation at our Baha'i fireside, in the morning, including showing some small video clips from their time spent last winter as pioneer researchers in Ecuador. This story can be found at their blog.