hit counter
free web hit counter

Saturday, October 21, 2006

A glorious fall day, and we are taking it easy here at home. I thought this would be a good day to share this view of my parents overlooking Champlain Lookout. On a clear day you can see the whole Ottawa River Valley from this vantage point, but here of course it was rainy and a little past the peak for colours. Nonetheless, I'm glad we went.

I am beginning to receive some feedback about Partners in Spirit. I doubt anyone would say that they didn't enjoy it, though, so will be curious to hear from people who don't actually know some of the couples in the book, or me. Independent review will be interesting to hear. In the meantime, an occasional poem is beginning to come to me, in any quiet times for thought. I am still finding pleasures in the small things: making a casserole which fills the house with the scent of herbs, watering plants, getting small things done in the garden. My domestic phase seems to be still in full swing.

I talked to my brother-in-law this morning. He turned 40 this year and said he doesn't feel it. I told him I'm not sure what 50 feels like but since I'm in it, this must be the way it is. I find that mostly, each day, I find another reason to be grateful.